Monday, March 19, 2012

Guest Blog: Orca Party Invites


What you need: 
  • Pencil  for Orca template 
  • Black fuzzy paper/card stock
  • White card stock
  • Turquoise/Blue(Sea Colored) card stock
  • Scissors
  • Clear drying glue
  • Googly eyes
  • Clear/Mail envelopes
  • Blank Labels


Steps:
1. I traced a picture of a Orca whale onto the back side of  black "fuzzy paper" but you can use regular black card stock. Your choice.



2. Cut out all your black Orca whale patterns.
3. Repeat step 1-2 with the white parts of the whale.


4. Paste the white parts onto the black Orca cutout.
5. I also cut out an extra black fin to lay over the white stomach part to make it look better :)
6. Added a googly eye!!!
7. Out of turquoise card stock I made a little envelope. Folded the paper in half and glued the sides with tacky glue or any glue that dries clear. I then scalloped the top (the part not glued) to look like waves.
                7.5 I bought blank label makers and made a simple sea creature layout with a fun invitation saying and I added it to the back part of the turquoise/blue wave envelope.
8. I inserted the envelope and orca inside the envelope to a clear favor baggie. I then just used a glue dot to close the bag and delivered them by hand. I am unsure if you could mail these out. If not, forget the clear envelope and insert into regular envelope and take it to your nearest post office for mailing prices.



This was for my niece's 3rd birthday, right after she went to Sea World, and was in love with Shamu. We also attempted an Orca Piñata but that is another story....a very funny one...it was an epic fail but we had fun breaking it anyway!!!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment